A backsplash is a section of material added onto the wall behind a sink or a counter, usually in a kitchen. Tiles are one of the most common types of backsplash materials. The main purpose of kitchen backsplashes is to provide an easy-to-clean surface so that messes or splashes such as spattering cooking oil won't mark painted walls or wall paper. Backsplashes can also add great style and color to a kitchen.
There is no set area that a backsplash should occupy other than being large enough to contain cooking splatters. Backsplashes range from those just big enough to extend a little past the stove or sink to a sort of running backsplashes that continues around the kitchen. An extended type of backsplash may add a look of cohesiveness to a small kitchen. For a large kitchen, a single backsplash can make a dramatic focal point. Having a focal point such as an interesting pattern or mix of colors can draw the eye to a certain kitchen feature such as a glass sink or stainless steel stove.
Backsplashes should coordinate with the style of the kitchen they're in. For example, a shiny ceramic tile backsplash is perfect for a modern kitchen, but is likely to look out of place in kitchens decorated in a more rustic, old fashioned style. Hand-painted and unglazed tiles may add quaint charm to a backsplash while materials such as stainless steel and stone tend to create a totally different mood.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Bathroom Ceramic Tile How To Maintain
- Mosaic joint best practices
- Home mosaic mix of various sites an...
- 6 of the most popular TV background...
- Stone mosaic tile application overview
- Understanding material material sho...
- Correct choice of stone protecting ...
- Stone product 'face the permanent' ...
- Summarize the classification of gra...
- Jade decoration, close to nature
- What is Tube Bending?
- What is an Aluminum Composite Panel?
- What is Galvanized Steel Coil?
- What is Cold Heading?
- What Is Roll Slitting?
- How Do I Make a Wall Mosaic?
- What is a Forming Tool
- What Are Byzantine Mosaics?
- What Is Roll Slitting？
- What is a Sandwich Panel?